- All products to be awarded - with the exception of those awarded in Innovation and Design categories - must have been available for detailed test evaluation for the magazines in each Panel concerned. Latest and brand new products will only be accepted if they have been available for detailed testing before June 1st (latest delay) by a least 5 member magazines of the Panel concerned. In addition, awarded products must also be for sale in quantities to the general public no later than October 1st in the year of the EISA Awards in at least 10 European countries.
- The use of the EISA Award title and logo is bound by the rules of an Award Agreement and a Copyright Agreement, which must be signed by a responsible executive of the winning company. The winning companies are only allowed to use the specific EISA Awards title and logo after signing and returning the official EISA Award Agreement and EISA Copyright Agreement within ten days by fax and mail to the EISA HQ.
A) Award Agreement
The Award Agreement must confirm that the awarded products will be definitely for sale in quantities to the general public no later than October 1st in the year of the Awards in at least 10 European countries. It also must confirm that awarded products sold on ‘pre-ordering’ base will be delivered to the customer within 2 weeks after ordering, at the latest October 14th in the year of the Awards. ‘Pre-ordering’ base is only liable to products with a price-tag of at least € 5.000. Breaking this rule will be punished with a official rectification in all EISA Magazines and on the EISA website, an official and complete stop on using the specific Award title and logo in any form and a penalty of € 60.000. The official trophy and certificate has to be returned/will not be given. Already paid copyright will not be credited.
B) Copyright Agreement
- If the Copyright Agreement has been signed in favor of the copyright, the Awards title and logo can be used as often as possible world-wide, in magazine and newspaper advertising, television commercials, poster-exhibition displays, product packaging stickers etc. The copyright invoice must be paid within 30 days to the EISA account.
- If the Copyright Agreement has been signed in favor of use only in special-interest Photo, Video, Audio, Home Theater, In-Car Electronics and Mobile Devices magazines, winning companies must not use the logo and/or title in any other form, including internet.
- According to the rules of the Award Agreement and Copyright Agreement, companies may publicize their winning products after August 15th.
- An Award is valid until August 15th of the following year. After this date has passed the winning company is obliged to cease promotional activities with its product’s Awards title in a striking way and to stop the use of the associated logo. The logo may only be used during the year of the Awards period, the title can be used in a not striking way for a maximum period of 5 years.
- The Award title must always be written out in full, e.g. ‘European LCD-TV 2011/2012, European Camera 2011/2012’, always mentioning the year of the Award.
- While the specific EISA Awards logo can be printed without writing out the Award title, the title cannot be used without the logo during the Award year.
- The logo and/or the title can only be used in direct connection with promoting a winning product, and that product alone. The logo has to be printed at a minimum readable size of 30 mm. It is strictly forbidden for winning companies to change any typographical or graphical elements within the Awards logo artwork.
- The winning company is kindly requested to provide its national distributors with a copy of the Awards logo or other print material, and the rules of publicity concerning the Award.
- All publicity activity in support of a winning product, including use of the Awards logotype etc., is the sole responsibility of the user and EISA can accept no liability for any consequences arising howsoever caused.
- EISA can accept no liability for any consequences arising on the quality of an awarded product.